Thursday 9 July 2020

July: social distancing, masks and wet weather

Here we are in July, but unfortunately without the glorious weather that we had earlier in the year though the rain was much needed for the garden. We have ventured slightly further afield to the Post Office  and the Pharmacy (me) and Gardners (a home and garden store) and APD (a car parts shop) (Roy), but are still getting our groceries delivered by Ocado and Abel & Cole and VeganKind Supermarket. I have taken the opportunity of the wet weather today and tomorrow to catch up with the blog.
I have changed the MillCottageRetro sections around after having a bit of  brainwave - making fewer of them and relating to activities rather than being over specific. It's a good idea to have a change around now and then. I am having quite a few sales in this shop at the moment for some reason but hopefully the others will catch up!
I am eying up the next jigsaw on the pile - one that I bought from Postcript earlier during lockdown - which will be the fourth one I will have done and which are all 1,000 piece ones. I do like a challenge but two that I bought from the Literary Gift Company were fiendishly difficult; fortunately my daughter sent an easier one as a belated Christmas present.


The above book on St Ives artists is one of the factual books that I am reading at present, also purchased from Postscript which is mainly about the modern art movement there since the end of World War One, rather than the Edwardian and Victorian artists that came before.
I am still adding items to MCR from the 'Draft' section that I wrote up during lockdown whilst the shops were closed, but have nearly run out of those so will have to raid my stash of objects to photograph and describe.
We had quite a magical couple of days this week as far as wildlife goes as, in addition to the various birds visiting the feeders, we saw: a lizard that lives in the stone wall; a weasel just outside Roy's shed and a hedgehog, late at night. We think that the last probably came from the neighbour's garden as there is a small gap at the edge of the wall around which he could walk, but today some workmen are installing a fence and wire mesh to fill the gap to keep the neighbour's dog in so it looks like he won't be able to get through any more - but at least we saw him once!
Anyway, I am hopeful of better weather tomorrow so will probably be distracted from Etsy and be sitting outside - never mind!
Stay safe and look after yourselves,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment